This Episcopalian Chapel was built in 1890 by Lemira
Parke Gillett in memory of her husband John Dean Gillett. It
is the only privately owned and operated church in Illinois.
Constructed by the Culver Stone and Marble Company of Springfield,
it is one of the few remaining Culver buildings in the area.
Designed in Gothic Revival style, it houses one of thee oldest
working pipe organs in the state (built by Hook and Hasting
Company out of Boston) Beautiful
Tiffany style stained-glass windows grace the interior of this
historic Chapel. Weddings
and memorial services are held in the Chapel by special arrangement.
Privately Owned & Operated
Historic 1890's Episcopalian Chapel